Sunday, July 3, 2011

Welcome to My Blog

Family history is something my family has been doing for awhile and something my mom carried on extensively before she passed away. I have been carrying around documents and pictures, never quite knowing the best way to get them "out" to people who might be interested in viewing. So, today, I decided to start a blog!

I guess you can say family history is a part of my own family traditions, a part of my religious beliefs and something that is just really interesting in general. In Malachi 4:5-6 it states:

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

And he shall turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

In this process, I hope to turn my hearts to my fathers and hopefully meet some family and friends along the way.

Whether you are a religious person or not, I can promise that you will find this entire process of figuring out who you are and where you come from rewarding and inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment